Application Information and Instructions
The Dorchester County Sheriff's Office is an equal opportunity employer. We seek qualified applicants to fill vacancies. Please read this information before completing the application
Applicants must complete the Dorchester County Sheriff's application [PDF] and return it to the Sheriff’s Office.
All sections of the application must be completed and must include the position(s) for which you are applying.
Please include copies of your:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card or Proof of Citizenship
- High School Diploma or Transcript and/or College Degree
- Copy of DD214 if you have served in the Military
- Copy of Current Driver’s License
- If you have an out of state license, you must obtain a valid SC Driver’s License prior to attending the SC Law Enforcement Academy.
- For SC: Certified copy of 10 Year Driving Record
- If you have been licensed to drive out of state within the last five (5) years a certified driving record is required from that state.
- Recent credit history (Contact Equifax 1-800-685-1111 or Trans Union 1-800-916-8800)
- Waiver and Acknowledgment, signed and notarized
Once contacted for employment you must successfully complete the following:
- Oral interview board
- Standardized comprehension test (Nelson-Denny)
- Polygraph examination
- Physical agility test (Reserve Deputy, Deputy Sheriff and Detention Officer)
- Background Check
- Final Interview – prior to employment offer
You must successfully complete/pass each section.