The Summerville Assessor’s Office will be closed on Thursday, May 21st from 3pm to 5pm. If you need assistance, please visit or call our St. George Office at 843-832-0162.
Our office is in the process of measuring properties for reassessment. Please be aware that our Appraisers are out and about and could be visiting your property. They should have their ID Badges and a flyer will be left on the door. If you have any questions about this, please contact our office at 843-832-0162.
(This form is 8.5 x 14 in size. Please adjust your paper and printer if needed. Also, if you have problems opening this document, you may need a newer version of Adobe).
**Beginning July, 2015, our Department will be charging a fee of $30 for returned checks on services provided.
The Assessor's Office is responsible for the assignment of values to all real estate properties and mobile homes; not the tax amounts.
What This Office Does
- Appraise Real Property & Manufactured (Mobile) Homes for tax purposes
- Conduct County Wide Reassessment every 5 years as required by the Department of Revenue
- Accept & process appeals of values generated by this office
- Transfer ownership of real property through recorded deeds
- Maintain property boundary lines using recorded information for visual representation of each parcel of land through GIS mapping procedures
- Process 4% Legal Residence Properties
- Provide property record cards (Shows sketch of buildings & other related information)
- Provide aerial & tax maps for sale upon request
- Measure & appraise new construction for tax purposes
- Maintain & process Multiple Lot Discount applications for developers owning 10 or more lots in a homogenous neighborhood
- Provide actual & potential rollback tax information
- Change mailing addresses for real property & mobile home owners as requested
- Estimate property tax amounts
- Issue Moving/Name Transfer permits
- Issue new Decals for Mobile Homes
- Represents the County in real property & mobile home value appeals to the Board of Assessment Appeals
- Maintains GIS Mapping Web Site with property information
This Office Does NOT
- Give legal advice
- Research real property for legal claim
- Have tax or other information on vehicles, boats, motors, or other person property (See Auditor)
- Accept payments for County property taxes (See Treasurer)
- Assign site addresses
- Grant exemptions for real property (See Department of Revenue)
- Give information on delinquent taxes
- Set or change fees (i.e. Solid Waste Users Fee (SWUF), Storm Water Waste Management Fee (STWMF))
- Assess manufacturing or utility properties
Dates & Deadlines
- Multi Lot Discount Forms (May 1st of Any Tax Year)
- Agricultural Discount Forms (Jan 15th For the Previous Year)
Important Forms & Documents