The Delinquent Tax Collector investigates and collects delinquent real property taxes, penalties and levy costs; finds and notifies taxpayers of taxes owed; and maintains an accurate up-to-date account of monies collected. Once a property tax bill is deemed delinquent (after March 15th of every year), the debt goes into execution and the County Treasurer sends the bill to the delinquent Tax Collector for collection.
What This Office Does
- Mail notices for past-due taxes on personal and real property
- Collects and process delinquent tax payments
- Seizes property for non-payment, in accordance with S.C. Code of Laws, Title 12
- Plans, conducts, and manages annual real property tax sale
This Office Does Not
- Accept payments for non delinquent tax bills (See Treasurer)
- Accept payment by credit card at this time
- Revise tax bills (See Auditor)
- Determine values on real property (See Assessor)
- Determine values on personal property (See Auditor)
- Provide information on taxes due in other counties
Important Information & Documents
The 2014 Delinquent Tax Sale will be held on Monday, November 24, 2014, in the Kenneth Waggoner Services Building located at 201 Johnston Street, St. George, SC 29477. The sale will begin at 10:00 AM. You may register the day of the sale beginning at 8:30 AM until 9:30 AM in the Council Chambers or the week before the sale November 17, 2014 through November 21, 2014 from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM in our office.
The following will be sold if all taxes, penalties, and costs are not paid by 5:00 PM< Friday, November 21, 2014.
These lists for unpaid notices are updated nightly.