Office Hours: 6:30 am- 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Location: Highway 78 & 178, Public Works Building, Dorchester, SC
Vehicle and Equipment Acquisition, Outfitting and Disposal
Fleet Services provides the Purchasing Department with all vehicle and equipment specifications and possible vendors. The department checks all vehicle and equipment bids and assists departments in bid decisions. We also inspect & ensure that the vehicles and equipment meet specifications at the time of delivery. Fleet Services outfits all vehicles and equipment with a first aid kit, fire extinguisher and fuel cards and affixes County seals. The department also installs strobe lights, radios, measuring devices, etc. After the useful life of vehicles or equipment, all radios, lights, safety equipment, and signage are removed. Vehicles are then prepared and sold at auction.
Fleet Services provides safe, high quality and low cost repairs and preventive maintenance for all Dorchester County vehicles and equipment. This department also maintains a 24-hour wrecker service and 24-hour minor repair services for EMS and Sheriff's Department vehicles to minimize down time. Fleet Services delivers fuel for equipment and generators and is responsible for maintaining the fuel card system. We are responsible for vehicle and equipment specifications, acquisitions, outfitting and disposal for the County.
- 10,000 square-foot shop
- Performed over 725 preventive maintenance services
- Recently implemented monthly preventive maintenance reminders
- Performed over 2,000 repairs this year
- Service trucks have delivered over 25,000 gallons of fuel and have made over 250 repairs in the field
- Fleet Services has made over 100 wrecker calls
- 12 Fleet Services employees have a total of over 195 years of experience