The Delinquent Tax Collector investigates and collects delinquent real property taxes, penalties and levy costs; finds and notifies taxpayers of taxes owed; and maintains an accurate up-to-date account of monies collected. Once a property tax bill is deemed delinquent (after March 15th of every year), the debt goes into execution and the County Treasurer sends the bill to the delinquent Tax Collector for collection.
What This Office Does
- Mail notices for past-due taxes on personal and real property
- Collects and process delinquent tax payments
- Seizes property for non-payment, in accordance with S.C. Code of Laws, Title 12
- Plans, conducts, and manages annual real property tax sale
This Office Does Not
- Accept payments for non delinquent tax bills (See Treasurer)
- Accept payment by credit card at this time
- Revise tax bills (See Auditor)
- Determine values on real property (See Assessor)
- Determine values on personal property (See Auditor)
- Provide information on taxes due in other counties
Important Information & Documents
The Dorchester County Delinquent Tax Sale will be held on Monday, November 9, 2015 at 10:00 AM in the Council Chambers of the Kenneth F. Waggoner Services Building located at 201 Johnston Street, St. George, SC.
The last day to pay delinquent taxes is 5:00 PM, Friday, November 6, 2015. Payment must be in our office (NO POSTMARK WILL BE ACCEPTED). Our office is located at 201 Johnston Street, St. George, SC 29477.
THERE IS NO DELINQUENT TAX OFFICE LOCATED IN SUMMERVILLE.
ONLY CASH, CASHIER'S CHECK, OR MONEY ORDER IS ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME. NO PERSONAL CHECKS, DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS!!!
The lists for all delinquent Real Estate and Mobile Homes are below:
State Law for Delinquent Tax Sale (Chapter 12, 51-40 through 51-160)