IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, DIAL 911
Mailing Address and Location:
821 West 5th North Street, Summerville, SC 29483
St. George Phone: (843) 563-0025
St. George Fax: (843) 563-0026
Summerville Phone: (843) 832-0025
Summerville Fax: (843) 832-0026
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
Notice of Privacy Practices
It is the purpose of Dorchester County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to provide exemplary emergency medical services to the citizens, visitors and neighbors of Dorchester County.
- Create and maintain a nurturing environment that recognizes the unique contributions of its employees
- Pursue excellence in our profession through state of the art training, technology and leadership
- Recognize human rights, dignity and diversity
- Be responsive to the needs of a growing and changing community
- Advocate health and safety through education and involvement in the community
- Support the mission of Dorchester County
Special Operations Team
The Special Operations Team became operational on March 13th, 2010. The goal of the team is to support any extended operation of emergency and public service departments within Dorchester County. The Special Operations Team is comprised of 26 members from Dorchester County EMS with various levels of certifications within the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and South Carolina Fire Academy.
The Community Education Program is designed to educate citizens on our services and promote life safety and injury prevention. The Community Education Team participates in numerous community events including:
- The Flowertown Festival
- The World Grits Festival
- See Saw Days
- Spoleto Festival USA
- Race for the Cure
- The "Prom Promise"
- Public Safety Career Days
- Health Fairs
In addition, every call that we respond to is seen as a chance to do some form of education for our patients and their families. For more information or to request a unit to standby or display at your event, email Megan White or call 843-200-0254.
Director: Colonel Douglas H. Warren Deputy Director: Major Wendy Lee
Medical Director: Robert C. Greaves, MD
Login to Crew Scheduler County Email Access